"I've Never Been So Lost, I've Never Felt So Much At Home"

My Tales, Thoughts, and Travels Whilst Living in Prague

Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm Back

I have turned into the people I hate. The people who start a blog, promise to update it very regularly, and then STOP. But, luckily, I've had the past month to come up with multiple excuses as to why I have been slacking soooo hard.
1. my dad came to visit early last month for a week so I was very preoccupied.
2. My weekends have been filled with traveling: Vienna, Budapest, Cesky Krumlov, and Terezin.
3. After much thought and consolation, I decided to switch out of my lovely single room to a new dorm into a four person room. The decision came after realizing I was cheating myself of the experience I wanted in Prague because all the people I had met and enjoyed hanging out with all lived in this one dorm called Osadni ( including Kelly, who also made the move three weeks before me). So now, Kelly and I are roommates ( the only free bed in this dorm was in her room) and words cannot even describe how incredible it is to constantly be giggling and laughing with someone. We really are two peas in a pod. It is so incredible to me how friendships sometimes are just meant to happen. Kelly and I just click: she has brought me down to earth and has lifted my spirits through the beautiful friendship we have that is filled with love, joy, and laughter. My other roommates are incredible as well: we all enjoying eating a little too much so most of our time is spent in our beautiful and large kitchen eating or watching each other cook.
4. Now that I've moved, my social calender is constantly overly full! I have a friend group that consists of over 20 people, made up of NYU students from all different NYU schhols, majors, backgrounds, and personalities, yet the connection we all have with one another is truly magical. On any given night, we make our rounds at our two favorite bars, Sir Tobys and Cross Club, and just drink beers and talk about anything and everything. No matter what night of the week it is or where we are going, we are constantly rolling deep ( translation: always have a very large group going). I am so happy to always be surrounded constantly with people I consider my friends, as there is never a dull moment nor does a moment go by without the sound of laughter. Coming from New York where one will very rarely have a large friend group, its been so fun to just have such a large group of friends who are all after the same thing: having the best time in Prague. Whether we are being too competitive at Tuesday night Trivia at Sir Tobys, acting as unofficial tour guides/ Prague ambassadors to people we meet at the local hostel, or dancing a little too hard, every element of our lives in Prague is just incredible. Sometimes I have to pinch myself because I can't believe how happy I am here.
5. School is starting to get a bit more chaotic as midterms approach and as I am rushing to get them done before I leave Prague for two weeks to go to Berlin and Istanbul.
6. I have started working as a fashion intern at InStyle Magazine. Although I am not liking it anywhere near how much I loved working at More Magazine, I guess building a resume is the only way to move up.
7. A main reason has also been, that I really enjoy blogging, and whenever I do I put my whole heart into every post. Unfortunately, that means each post usually takes me two hours to write, and as my life here is very quickly taking off in full speed, I constantly kept putting off blogging by telling myself I didn't have the necessary time to write a post. But that habit ends now.

No comments:

Post a Comment